10 Essential Things
Starting in on this crazy blog and freelance adventure is so exciting and nerve wracking. This is something I have wanted to do for years but I have never taken the leap. I don’t see any better time than the present to indulge in this crazy dream of mine so why not. here it goes. Before any of you commit to joining me on this adventure I would like to introduce myself and tell you 10 essential things about me!
- I dress for every single occasion that comes my way. I need to be prepared with the fashion essentials. While these fashion decisions may not always be the best choices logically I always try to look my best without being totally uncomfortable or sticking out like a sore thumb. Seeing as this is a style blog I’m sure you’ll get to know me and my style more and more.
- I am a designer. More specifically I am a graphic designer. This is not my current role at my full-time job but I still like to think of myself as a designer. I am currently looking for a new position that utilizes this part of my skills so if anyone needs any design work or knows of an open position. Hit this girl up!
- I am obsessed with breakfast food. More specifically brunch. I will eat almost any and all brunch food. Eggs Benedict paired with a peach bellini is my absolute favorite. Being from Saratoga Springs there are lots of incredible eateries around so my inner foodie comes to play on the weekends when I dress up and go find the perfect omelette.
- Winter is my nemesis. Yes, you hears that right. A girl living in Upstate NY who chose to attend one of the coldest universities in Rochester, NY hates winter. Why have I chosen to stay here you may ask. Because I love everything about Upstate, NY minus the cold harsh winters, and partly because I haven’t found a reason to leave.
- Greenery makes me happy. While I may not have the most green thumb plants and all things floral brighten up my life. Growing up my mother had countless of flower and vegetable gardens. I grew up surrounded by bright florals and deep green leaves. Unlike my mother I don’t have the most green thumb but I can manage to keep succulents and small cacti alive since they are so low maintenance. So I have started a small collection of these small little plants on my window sill to brighten up my room in the dead of winter.
- I am an adventurous spirit. I am quite aware how cliche it is to say that I love traveling and adventures but it is so true. Ever since I can remember my family has taken spontaneous car rides and day trips to places all over from the Adirondacks, to Vermont, or even just down a road we haven’t taken before. Riding in a car with some good tunes and no agenda is something that makes my spirit soar with happiness. Don’t get me wrong, I love planned trips and vacations to far off places and exotic scenery. But sometimes just taking a quick day trip to somewhere new and nearby can cure my wanderlust for just a moment until I can escape to a tropical island with a warm beach.
- Disney Obsessed are two words that describe me perfectly. Just like many typical American homes I grew up spending part of my freetime watching numerous Disney movies. Since then my love and obsession has just grown. Along with now spending my time binge watching Netflix I also tend to take breaks and binge watch my favorite Disney movies. My all time favorite movie is probably The Aristocats. I recieved that film for my 3rd birthday and I have not gotten sick of watching it ever since that day.
- Well crafted Cocktails are just about the only kinds of drinks for me. I’m not a beer kind of girl and I’m not the biggest wine drinker although I do indulge on occasion. 90% of the time when you find me with a drink in my hand it will be some kind of cocktail. My go to cocktails are Moscow mules, tequila sunrises, margaritas, and of course the ever classic cosmopolitan. I’m not a huge lush or anything, I just enjoy indulging myself with the pleasure of a well mixed drink when I feel the need to go out on the town.
- Dressing top to bottom is just as important as dressing for every occasion. What I mean when I say dress top to bottom is dressing well in your undergarments as well as your regular clothes. If anyone knows me they know that I am obsessed with lingerie, negligees and anything of the sort. It sounds kind of silly for someone who has been single her whole life to have such an obsession with something that is usually used for couple related activities. This is just a practice that I have used to help boost my confidence and make me feel prepared and ready for any situation. Plus, who doesn’t love an excuse to buy new cute lacy things.
- Hand lettering keeps me sane. As a designer I am a fan like most feminine designers with the hand lettering trend. I try my hand at it every once in a while and when I do I am in love. Scrolling through Pinterest looking at all the flourishes and details makes me swoon. I still have a long ways to go in perfecting the art of the effortless thicks and thins but that is something I hope practice and perfect on my time here on Ampersands & Attire
I’m Emily, I’m 24 and a recent Brooklyn transplant originally from Upstate, NY. I am a fashion, puppy and floral obsessed graphic designer working in the Financial District of NYC for a kids craft company. Learn more about me here!
Find all the things I adore and wish for in life here!